Adding to the thoughts I had on painting eyeballs I previously blogged about here. One of the areas I saw the most room for improvement was in painting pupils. I had come up with a method of making stencils for the pupils that I really liked, but I was not happy with the brushmarks in the pupils.
Another interesting and challenging thing about painting eyes is that painted parts look completely different when viewed from the front or the back, as the curve of the plastic greatly magnifies anything in the center. Here, these two pupils are painted the same size, but you can see how much bigger the pupil looks when viewed from the front.
I find it helpful when designing eyes to make a mock up like this on paper, and then put the resin eye over it to see how the curve will change it.
And, finished eyeballs, along with the reference picture I used. I did two sets like this, one for the grey wolf and another for the grey and black wolf I blogged about here.
Now, I just need to get some teeth painted, so I can start building some heads!